Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Hooray

This morning I had 3 more email notifications from PayPal for donations made toward my laptop fundraising. The goal has been reached, and I am very very grateful for everyone who helped out. I can now get back to blogging on homelessness. Thank You.

A Special Note of thanks to the people of Mobile Loaves and Fishes - the Nashville chapter - for responding so quickly to my needs when my backpack was first stolen. They responded quickly with a care package, including lunch, and the very next day with a brand new backpack full of clothes and toiletries. I can't thank them enough.

Twenty people donated a total of $750 to my laptop fund, giving what they could, from $2 to $200. (I was able to put in $300 of my own towards the fund). In whatever way I can, I will return the favor.

Thank you again. I'll let you know as soon as I have ordered the laptop, which one I'm getting, and when it arrives.