Monday, April 7, 2008

There is nothing worse than nothing

And so it happens. Last night, while I ate dinner at the rescue mission, someone took off with my backpack. It is a requirement that people leave their packs outside the mission when going inside - this leaves personal items very vulnerable to theft, obviously.

I am now left with nothing but the clothes on my back. Everything else is gone, including my laptop. I am back to accessing the internet via the library.

Yes, this is a major setback.

It's been a week of setbacks. Full of promise, with my new case manager, only to be turned back at every attempt at finding housing. Even the best opportunity for housing is at least a month away.

It's not like this is the first time this has happened. I've made many other attempts at improving my lot in life, only to be sent back to ground zero. Sometimes it feels like there's no getting out of this hole.

You bet, I'm back to looking for another laptop. If you, or someone you know, has recently upgraded to a new laptop, and have not yet decided what to do with there older one, please consider donating it to my cause. I'm especially in need of a computer that can run SecondLife.com - I had begun building a non-profit with the hopes of doing more homeless advocacy there.

You can most easily contact me via email at thehomelessguy AT gmail DOT com.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing left but the clothes on your back! Homelessness is my greatest fear.

    sharyna

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel very saddened to hear of your plight - as much as the mission is doing a good turn - surely some should be responsible for your missing backpack

    ReplyDelete
  3. i hope your second life project involves some camping chairs.... that would be some good irony there... paid to sit around on benches in one world vs harassed for doing the same in another

    ReplyDelete