Saturday, January 22, 2011

Negative

It surprises me how negative I can be. It's not just that I don't pay attention to my negativity, but I don't perceive the things I do and say as negative. Most people don't say anything, but I find them avoiding me, and that has got to be a lot of the reason why. But sometimes people do comment on it, and I'm taken aback. "Really? You really think what I said was negative? You have no idea just how negative I can really be," I say to myself. And I thought was being nice, or insightful, or at least honest. But all that others see is the negativity of it. Regardless of what truth may be within my words, if said in a negative way, or in a negative tone, people tune it out, they won't listen. Having a negativity awareness deficiency is something I have to overcome if the quality of my life is to improve. I have been working on it for some time. Progress is slow going.

No comments:

Post a Comment