Wednesday, January 8, 2014

King Google

Google has certainly cornered the internet market.   And I appreciate what they are attempting to do, in consolidating all their offerings under Google+ (their version of Facebook), but so far, people just aren't getting it.   It's too confusing.  For example, why should a person have to go into Google+ so to change a setting on their Youtube Channel?   And why, when I try to bring up my Blogger account am I instead sent to Google+?   Now, I'm sure the layout of all their services makes perfect sense to Google and their designers, but HEY, most people using Blogger and Youtube, etc., are NOT computer programmers/designers, and don't want to be.    The new services they are creating may get them all excited, but for the average user, it's all just too confusing.

And still, here I am, immersing myself into all of what Google has to offer.  Changing they way I used to have things, so that they now conform to all of Google's requirements.   Ugh, this better payoff, and soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment