Monday, January 20, 2014

YouTube (and stuff) Update

OK, I have settled on a youtube.com channel http://youtube.com/thehomelessguy  Yeah, big surprise, I know. But it took some bit of work figuring out which way to go with YouTube and with Google in general.  Google really has made some big changes, which is making users make big changes as well.  I got into Blogger and YouTube long before they were bought up by Google and I had different sign on names and email addresses and passwords for all of them.  That's because the internet says that it's better security.  Well, now Google wants all of that stuff they recently bought under a single control.   Of course to then take that simplification and muddy it up, making things confusing again, Google assigns a Google+ page to every single email address and blog and youtube channel, etc. whether you like it or not.  So now I have all these many Google+ accounts and I can't yet figure out how to keep them straight and under some resemblance of control.   I just wish they'd ask me if I wanted a Google+ account first, instead of just throwing it on me.   To me it seems that Google is desperate to compete with Facebook, and Google+ is their plan for that.  Ugh.

Well, I at least have Youtube straight, to a point.  I still have to wait another week before Google will allow me to assign my Kevin.Barbieux account as owner of the Youtube channel, but once that happens, everything will be set.

I know, like you care, right?   Well, it's what I've been working on lately.  Soon blog posts and videos about homelessness will return, and with a vengeance.  I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment