Saturday, April 26, 2014

And Just Like That

And just like that it happens, we reached the Fundly.com goal for my new laptop.   I'm so very grateful to everyone who supported this cause.    I was a bit concerned that we wouldn't make it, seeing as I did everything I could to wear out everyone with my incessant emails and postings about my requests for donations.   But then came one very generous donation that took us the goal line.  "Touchdown"!

Now to get that laptop ordered.

It is time for me to take everything I've learned about life, and about being homeless, and apply it to the cause of ending homelessness.   Of course I'm not so delusional as to think I can do it all, or mostly by myself.   It could be that my best efforts may be in mobilizing others to do what work needs to be done.   Still, my hope is that soon the changes will be put in place so that homelessness, as we know it today, will cease to exist.  And that our country develops a proper and healthy response to those who find themselves in the precarious position of becoming homeless.   It can be done.   I hope it's done in my lifetime.    I only have about 20 good years left in me, so it's time to get working, now.