Sunday, June 1, 2014

One Million Page Views Since 2007



Since Google bought Blogger from Pyra and made changes to the blogging service, they have been keeping track of blog page views.   Sometime in the early morning, my blog will roll over to 1 Million page views.  That's an overall average of 391 page views a day.   That's not much really, considering that for the past year I've been averaging 1000 page views a day.   Still in the grand scheme of things, my blog is almost non existent.  My share of internet traffic on the subject of homelessness is nearly nothing.   When I first started blogging,  the blog was doing much better.  Sadly the stress of operating this blog became too much and I cracked under the pressure, bringing the blog down with me.   For a while, I wanted nothing more than for the blog to disappear.  Thankfully some fore minded people prevented me from killing the blog all together.   And I'm glad they did.   I do wish this blog could regain it's popularity, but I think as far as the internet is concerned, you only get one shot at it.   Then the crowd moves on.   If this blog was as popular today, as it was when it first started, I would be able to live off the income it generated.   When I first started blogging, there wasn't a way to generate an income.  At least that part has changed.

No comments:

Post a Comment