Sunday, August 24, 2014

Nocturnal Breakthrough

Finally it happened.  Through the rowdy revelry that downtown San Diego attracts, I was able to sleep soundly.  I got to my usual sleeping spot just after 10pm, quickly set up my camp and laid down to sleep.  Though there was a great deal of noise, it was more of a constant din, a white noise that my brain was able to tune out and focus on the task of sleeping.  As I've said before, the noisiest part of the night is between 2 and 2:30 am.  But last night I slept through until 3:45am.

When I wake up in the middle of the night, it's usually to urinate.  As an urban camper, toilets are not near by.  Some people will find some place out of the way, and out of the street lights, but because I have my tent,  and because I carry a container with me for just this situation, I stayed in my tent and peed into a McDonalds coke cup.  I then took the cup and contents outside of my tent and poured it onto the street and gutter.   Back in the tent I slept for another two hours, then broke camp and headed up to McDonalds.

1 comment:

  1. From one homeless blogger to another, TY for your posts

    ReplyDelete